Wednesday, February 28, 2018

3D Snow Globe Nail Art

Hey there!  Since it's the last day of February and some of you lovely folks may live in places that actually get spring weather in March, I thought I should post a mani I did a couple months ago before snow is forgotten about for the year.  I was partially inspired by Simply Nailogical's 3D snow globe nails.  She made something more like a real snowglobe while mine are fully solid.  I originally did these for the 3D/embellished prompt for the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt but went with some blinged out nails instead.  But I did enjoy wearing these (yup, I did both hands though my right hand was VERY messy) so I wanted to share them anyway.



The non-snowglobe nails were super simple.  I used a base of Madam Glam Perfect White (I used gel with a peel off base since the snow globe was built up with builder gel) and double stamped the snowflakes from Lina Nail Art Supplies Winter 01 with Mundo de Unas Joy and Sky Blue and topped them with Gelish matte top coat.  


The snow globe had a few layers of stamping (not all of which actually ended up visible in the final mani).  I can't paint a circle for the life of me so I started by stamping circles from Bundle Monster Shape Nouveau in Mundo de Unas Black (outer ring) and a gradient of Joy and Sky Blue (inner circle).  Then the base of the snow globe is from an image on Winstonia The North Pole (with Mundo de Unas Black and Essie Good As Gold).  


To "fill" the  snow globe, I first mixed Born Pretty 38765 flakies with HK Girl and applied to the circle.  Then I added a bit of white at botton and stamped the tree and deer from Lina Nail Art Supplies Winter 01.  And finally I used 3 layers of ibd Builder Gel to make it 3D.  Like I said, these were fun but thank god for a peel off base coat.  I can't imagine trying to get this off otherwise! 
 

That's about it for now.  It's weird to write up a blog post that isn't a review or a nail art challenge.  

'Til next time...


No comments: