Thursday, February 1, 2018

My Mani Box Subscription Box from Beautometry Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I have something new on my blog today!  My Mani Box is a subscription box from Beautometry which I think is a great idea.  Personally I'm a giant fan of grab bags of all sorts and this is sort of a grab bag for nail art!  Every month has a new theme.  I received December's box which was themed Kiss Me At Midnight (presumably to ring in the new year).  In my box was two MoYou London plates (you get to pick your size, regular or XL), a Ms Sparkle polish, Ribbits Stickits water decals and stencils and a Beautometry nail file.  I put use to all of them as you'll see.



Ms Sparkle Polish April's Enchanting Snow


Color: Tiffany blue with gold microglitter and reddish flakies and slight shimmer
Coats: 2 coats plus top coat
Finish: Dries satin 
Application:  Applied easily.  It did look a tiny bit ridgy but easily smoothed with top coat.  

I actually met "Ms Sparkle" at Indie Expo Canada last summer and she was absolutely lovely.  This is my first time trying her polish and I will happily say that it's as lovely as she is.  


MoYou London Festive 39


MoYou London's plates are always awesome so I wasn't surprised that I loved the quality of the plates I received in this box.  In fact, I used a MoYou London plate in my very first blog post and their quality has only gone up.  The Festive 39 plate is quite New Year's-themed but I wanted to show that it didn't have to be used only seasonally.  I double stamped with Hit The Bottle Black As Night and To Have and To Gold over the Ms Sparkle polish.


MoYou London Rockstar 12


The Rockstar 12 plate has such an 80's feel to it.  It reminded me of the TV show The Get Down so I used that as a loose inspiration.  I did a gradient of A England Holy Grail and Perceval and stamped with Snowed In and As Black As Night. 


Ribbits Stickits Water Decals


Next up in the box was a sheet of Ribbits Stickits Dancing At Midnight water decals.  I loved the images on this sheet.  It's quite varied so you couldn't do a full mani with any one image but that's okay for most of us into nail art.  I used them over a gradient of Esmaltes da Kelly Flufi, Molly, Kaa, Bruce, Child and Olivia.  Unfortunately, I did have some technical issues with these decals.  The extra clear bits around the edges didn't easily dissolve with acetone like I usually expect from water decals so the edges stuck up a little and took extra top coat to smooth out.  Also some of the printing seemed to dissolve when moving them around with my wet finger.  Having never tried these decals before I can't speak to if these are common issues.  


Ribbits Stickits Stencils


Lastly was a sheet of Ribbits Stickits nail art stencils.  There were 5 different designs on this sheet,  all party-themed.  I used FUN Lacquer Royal Chapel over A England Camelot.  Since they were black and so was my base, they were hard to place (which was my fault).  If I were to use these again I'll know that I need to take a bit of their stick off first.  They were a bit too sticky for me and pulled up some of my base but if you're someone who likes a really sticky vinyl, these are for you. 


Even thought I had issues with a couple of the products in this box, I still think it's a great value.  Since I like grab bags, I already want to know what February's bag has in store!  Each month there is a pre-order available from the 20th of the current month to the 19th of the next month, but don't wait because quantities are limited.  

Available for pre-order from My Mani Box
$35 USD/month (price is reduced when multi-month subscription is purchased)
Contains approximately $50 worth of products

'Til next time...


No comments: